It’s July already!? I swear it feels like summer just started and I had just finished posting my June musings. I seriously can’t believe summer is half over (and that I haven’t been by a pool or a beach yet!)! Send help in the form of self tanner and pool floats, plz.
On to the best things I’ve read so far this month:
- These living room styles through the ages are dreamy! I love that my own home has a mix of so many styles and inspirations.
- I recently stumbled upon the series of Motherhood around the world on Cup of Jo. As a woman who loves traveling and learning about cultures it’s been an exciting read! One of the things that struck out to me the most, though, is that a mother in Kenya they could only find blonde haired, blue eyed baby dolls. Upsetting much?
- I’ve just started getting into the Listen Money Matters podcast and their episode about SoFi was so intriguing; who knew you could save an average of $19,000 while repaying your student loans!?
- I, like every social media obsessed girl, love SnapChat. and I’m totally already fantasizing all the GeoFilters I could create for events and my neighborhood using this super easy tutorial! Watch out World, QSS is going into SnapFilters!
- If you’re thinking about switching jobs read this first! I wish I had before entering the real work force.
- YOU GUYS. NYC just announced for FREE feminine products in public spaces. If you follow me on Twitter, or know me in real life, you know that this makes me so happy I could (and maybe did) cry. This is such an important thing and I can’t wait to see which cities follow suit.
- I haven’t traveled at all in June, so I’m left with a little wanderlust on the mind. I’m thinking a tropical birthday getaway this winter a la this rocky coast.
Wishlisting: After watching The Intern I’ve decided I really need some high waisted wide leg trousers for my workweek wardrobe. Here’s a lust-worthy pair and here’s an affordable pair; which do you love best!? I’ve got espadrille fever and I’m loving the ones from Soludos; there’s so many great pairs it’s hard to pick! And they’re all under $100!
What’s been your favorite finds this month!?